What is Shopper Marketing?
- It provides an understanding of the decision-maker at the time of purchasing products at the retail point.
- When applied effectively by Trade Marketing it can improve the profitability of a brand, in-store category. This is achieved through shopper-centric improvements and messaging within the retail environment.
What is the Difference between Shopper Information and Shopper Insight?
- Shopper Insight is the interpretation of the information that combines attitudinal and behavioural data to influence store sales through marketing efforts.
- Consumer Insight looks at the emotions around the product and purchase.
- Read More on Shopper Insight vs Consumer Insight
What are the Roles of Trigger Points In-Store
- Main fixture ease of shop
- Drive visibility, accessibility, clear price communication
- Cues to aid navigation & decision making
- Disruptive visibility – secondary locations, cross-category locations, till point
- Engaging communication, compelling reasons to purchase, price communication
- Cues to inform and ease shopper decision making
- Engage shoppers
- Create a shopper experience.
Pricing, Promotions and Messaging Tips, Tricks and Goldern Nuggets
- Men are hunters and are more susceptible to discounts and offers.
- Women are gatherers and tend to shop for a specific task e.g. party or stocking up.
- New price / old price. Prices that feature the old price together with the new price work better when the old price is shown with a diagonal strike through-line. 1 to 1.5% increased conversion.
- Display messages that use the same colours and text formats that only look like a discount offer, can work as well as those that offer a real discount.
- Shoppers are not good at math. The price for a pack of 6 can be the same or higher than buying six individual items.
- The highest levels of display impact are for displays that use store promotion staff.
Determining what is the in-store objective for the brand?
- To win in retail with your below the line strategy, requires a deep understanding of the objective of the brand.
- It is critical in determining the success of the campaign. (What is Above the Line Marketing (ATL) vs Below the Line Marketing (BTL) vs Through the Line Marketing (TTL))
- Identifying the brand life-stage, Objective and Growth driver allows for successful campaigns to be rolled out.
Tool for Determining the Objective for a Brand
South Park, The CoLab, 7th Floor, Black River Park, Fir Street,
Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa.
134 River Road, Kyalami Heights, Midrand, 1684,
Gauteng, South Africa.